New for 2017!!! Learn to SUP!!!
TWC’s adult lesson program now offers Stand Up Paddling.
Our goal is to help students develop their skills in a fun and safe environment while exploring the waterfront and meeting new people.
TWC's adult SUP lessons are open to anybody aged 18 or over with basic swimming ability. SUP equipment, life jackets, wetsuits and water shoes are provided for all students.
TWC offers an introductory Beginner lesson to anyone interested. After completing this lesson and buying a TWC membership, students will have access to all our other sessions including: Step UP, Voyage, SUP Social and practice sessions.
Sessions run from June to September on weekday evenings and weekends:
- Tuesday & Thursday: 6pm - 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9am-11am, 11:30am-1:30pm, 2pm-4pm
- Canada Day, Civic Holiday & Labour Day: 9am-11am, 11:30am-1:30pm, 2pm-4pm
All sessions are 2 hours long.
For a detailed schedule - LINK COMING SOON.
The price per session ranges from under $30 to $50 +HST, depending on the number of sessions purchased. Click here for Fees and Registration >>
- Safety: Required equipment, falling off, remounting and understanding weather.
- Paddling: Carrying/sizing gear, mounting, prone/kneel/stand stances, forward/braking/turning strokes.
- Knowledge: Clothing, equipment care and transporting SUP
- Safety: Towing and board rescue
- Paddling: Paddling in chop, pivot turns, draw/cross strokes, bracing and edging
- Knowledge: Efficient strokes, equipment, board/paddle design, environment
Join our instructors on a guided trek. We have mapped out a few routes to let you see Toronto from a different perspective. Paddle out to the tip of Tommy Thompson Park and gaze upon the downtown skyline. Or explore the Outer Harbour and see why we’re called “the cottage in the city”. Or paddle out to Ward’s beach on the Island and skip waiting for the ferry!
Come out for a session of pure fun. Play your favourites from our earlier lessons: finesse and speed races, time trials, skill competitions, SUP Ultimate Frisbee and even SUP polo! Join us for some friendly games on the water. We have special paddles just for SUP polo for up to 6 people. You can even challenge our instructors to a battle of skills!
Our instructors are qualified and experienced with Paddle Canada instructor certification, First Aid, CPR, and water safety training. Our motor boat drivers are fully licensed.
For directions and transportation options to TWC and all other questions click here to email us >>.